|Informations rapides GoldLink|
|Hauteur||5 pieds 9 pouces|
|Date de naissance||17 mai 1993|
|Signe du zodiaque||Taureau|
|Couleur des yeux||Marron foncé|
GoldLink est un rappeur américain, surtout connu pour son premier album studio At What Cost , sorti le 24 mars 2017 sous RCA Records , qui a culminé à la 127e place du Billboard US 200 cette année-là. L'album a vu des apparitions d'artistes tels que Kaytranada, Mýa, Ciscero, Kokayi, Wale, Shy Glizzy, Steve Lacy, Jazmine Sullivan, Hare Squead, April George, Lil Dude et Radiant Children . Le premier single de son album, intitulé Crew , a réussi à atteindre le numéro 45 du Billboard américain.Hot 100 et est devenu son single le mieux classé aux États-Unis. Cela a également valu à GoldLink sa 1ère nomination aux Grammy Awards pour la «Meilleure performance rap / chantée» aux 60th Annual Grammy Awards en janvier 2018. Son premier album a été précédé de 2 mixtapes, le premier étant The God Complex , lancé le 22 juillet 2014 , sous le label Squaaash Club , mais ce n'était pas très important au départ.
Sa 2e mixtape, And After That, We Didn't Talk , sortie le 8 novembre 2015 sous le label Soulection , a réussi à atteindre le numéro 21 du palmarès américain Billboard R&B / Hip Hop. En 2018, GoldLink a été nominé pour un BET Award pour «Meilleur nouvel artiste» et iHeartRadio Music Award pour «Meilleur nouvel artiste hip-hop». Le 7 juin 2018, il figurait sur la chanson Like I Do du 8e album studio de la chanteuse Christina Aguilera, intitulée Liberation. Cela lui a valu une deuxième nomination aux Grammy Awards dans la catégorie «Meilleure performance rap / chantée». Grâce à sa carrière musicale réussie, GoldLink a amassé une large base de fans, avec plus de 500000 abonnés sur Instagram, plus de 100000 abonnés sur Facebook, plus de 100000 abonnés sur Twitter et plus de 4 millions d'auditeurs mensuels sur son compte Spotify.
Nom de naissance
Signe du soleil
Lieu de naissance
Washington, DC, États-Unis
GoldLink a fréquenté et plus tard est diplômé de l'école secondaire Hayfield à Alexandria, Virginie, États-Unis.
- Père - David (travailleur des parcs et des loisirs)
- Mère - Inconnue (secrétaire du cabinet d'avocats)
GoldLink est représenté par -
- Creative Artists Agency (CAA) (Talent Agent) aux États-Unis et au Canada
- William Morris Endeavour (WME) Entertainment (Talent Agent) en Europe, au Moyen-Orient, en Afrique, en Asie et en Australie
- Equative Thinking Management (EQT) (Manager) à Los Angeles, Californie, États-Unis, et New York City, New York, États-Unis
Hip Hop, Hip Hop Alternatif, Electronica, R&B
- Dossiers RCA
- Club de squaaash
5 pi 9 po ou 175 cm
71 kg ou 156,5 lb
Petite amie / conjoint
GoldLink a daté -
- Justine Skye (2019) – In January 2019, after the release of his single titled Justine’s Interlude, rumors sparked that GoldLink and singer Justine Skye were dating. In mid-January, just a few days after the release of the track, Justine posted a video of the two together and officially confirmed their relationship. The speculations began because Justine opened up about domestic abuse in her past relationships in an interview. GoldLink’s lyrics seemed to match the story, and the song heavily implicated an artist from Harlem, which matched a rapper, Sheck Wes. In February 2019, in a tweet, Justine confirmed it was Sheck who abused her, but he claimed he never hit or beat a woman in his life. The relationship fizzled out with time.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Short afro haircut
- Fuller Lips
Best Known For
- His debut studio album At What Cost (2017), and 2 notable mixtapes – The God Complex (2014), and And After That, We Didn’t Talk (2015)
- Collaborating with well know singers, musicians, and rappers such as Marsha Ambrosius, Shy Glizzy, Brent Faiyaz, April George, Jazmine Sullivan, Kaytranada, Miguel, Desiigner, Silk City, BMB Spacekid, Christian Rich, George Maple, Niia, Christina Aguilera, and others
GoldLink released his debut studio album entitled At What Cost on March 24, 2017, under the RCA Records label. It consisted of 14 tracks, out of which Crew, Meditation, Hands On Your Knees, Same Clothes As Yesterday, Roll Call, and Summatime were the most prominent. The album peaked at number 127 on Billboard US 200 chart, while the album’s lead single, Crew, peaked at number 45 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.
First TV Show
GoldLink made his first TV show appearance as a musical guest in an episode titled Miranda Cosgrove/Goldlink/Aldis Hodge of the comedy talk-show Last Call with Carson Daly in 2016.
GoldLink Favorite Things
- Sport – Soccer
- Soccer Club – D.C. United
- Soccer Player – Wayne Rooney
- He moved from Washington, D.C., to Bowie, Maryland in his youth with his mother, after his parents separated.
- He initially performed under his birth name, D’Anthony Carlos.
- Music was a hobby for GoldLink in the beginning, and he started by recording tracks in a studio named Indie Media Lab in Falls Church, Virginia.
- When he was 19, GoldLink took part in a community program titled The Movement in Northern Virginia, which encouraged young people to act on their creativity.
- In an early career interview, he stated that he doesn’t want to be the “next Malcolm X” or any well-known African-American person.
- GoldLink claimed that he always strived to be his own God, and as God-like as possible, which meant he acknowledged he was far from perfect, but tried his best anyway.
- He is a huge fan of go-go nightclubs from an early age. He went to his 1st nightclub, named Stadium, at the 6th grade in the early 2000s.
- His family and close friends call him “D”.
- He once bought a large motorcycle mid-tour. Because he had problems storing it on the tour bus, he had to buy an electric skateboard as a replacement.
- He took the stage name GoldLink in 2013 after he created a SoundCloud page and released a few free tracks to a limited audience.
- GoldLink began working with Rick Rubin, a well-known music producer in 2015. Shortly after, in November of that year, he released his 2nd mixtape, And After That, We Didn’t Talk.
- GoldLink called his type of music “future bounce,“, as it featured a combination of house, R&B, club music, and a futuristic sound that he invented himself.
- A well-known American hip hop magazine, XXL, named him one of the “2015 Freshman Class.”
- His earliest memory of hip hop music is Andre 3000‘s track Hey Ya, released in 2003.
- GoldLink said that for him, the best way to listen to music was with the best speakers possible, but also completely alone or with no one talking.
- While he admitted luck, timing, and the right opportunity were responsible for his success after releasing music on SoundCloud, he also said that if the music wasn’t good, the interest would quickly wear off.
- He appeared at the Red Bull Sound Select Presents: 3 Days in Miami event on February 23, 2017. GoldLink performed alongside artists like Angel Olsen, Brika, Kelela, Charlotte Day Wilson, and Bernice.
- The single Crew from his debut studio album At What Cost (2017) reached a 3-times certified ‘Platinum’ status by the RIAA on February 6, 2019, which meant he sold more than 3 million copies.
Image en vedette par GoldLink / Instagram